Saturday, July 16, 2011

1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
I found it interesting to use my hands for a drawing, each crevase comes together to make the shape and contour of the hand.

2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why? I chose charcoal because it is my most favorite medium. Its smooth, bold, shades easily, and in my opinion adds more depth.

3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand? I struggled using my left hand to draw, i felt like i was a kid again just learning how to hold a pencil. I really couldnt keep a controlled line going with this hand, and i feel it took me twice as long.

4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies? I think my left hand looks a lot more realistic that the right. Again drawing with my left hand was a little difficult.

5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?
 Probably not only because i felt like i cant keep my hand steady and it takes me a lot more time to draw something with my non-dominant hand. I think i would stick with my dominant hand in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment