Saturday, August 13, 2011

Self Portrait Blog





1. Why did you select the inspiration pieces? I selected these pieces because they caught my attention the most with the idea that i was thinking of for my piece.
2. Why did you select the media to create your self-portrait? I selected this media because i felt i could express myself more through a collage by using specific items or things that make up who i am.
3. What challenges did you face in creating your self-portrait and how did you overcome them? It was very time consuming to go through magazines and find things that make up who i am. So i made sure i had plenty of magazines to go through.
4. How does this piece represent you? This piece represents me because i used specific things that i think make up who i am. Such as cooking, singing, music, taking photos, and my use of eyes throughout my piece is my representation of how i learn in this world, by the things i see.
5. What elements and principles of art did you apply in this work? I made sure to use a lot of color in this piece, variety by including many different things that make up who i am. I used balance by placing the items to create symetry.
6. Did you enjoy working on this project? I did enjoy this project, it was interesting to go through a magazine and find things that make up myself, at first it was difficult but i actually was able to gather quite a few items.
7. What do you think of your final artwork? I think the final artwork turned out rather well, as i am a big fan of collages. Overall i feel that i have captured the majority of things that i think make up who i am.

No comments:

Post a Comment